Welcome, Guest

Development at the Grove.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Development at the Grove.

Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #301

• admin
  • Administrator
The last week has seen rumour over possible changes at the 'Grove' which was formally known as Speed The Plough.

We are looking into this and may have a statement to make in the next few days.

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #305

• admin
  • Administrator
Central Bedfordshire Council Planning Application : CB/11/00235/FULL
submission date : 26/01/2011
Target Date for Decision: 25/03/2011

Location: The Grove, Barton Road, Pulloxhill, Bedford, MK45 5HR
Description : Erection of marquee for Weddings and Corporate Events

public viewable application documents.
www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/portal/se...ppnumber=CB/11/00235

From the planning application the marquee is 12mts by 18mts (45' x 70' approx) with an additional canvas porch, for sole purpose of weddings and corporate events.

A few other figures from the application,
The development will add an additional 17 car parking spaces to existing 40 already on site.
Access will be via the existing Grove access only.
The marquee will seat up to 200 guests with catering services being supplied by the Grove.
Additional temporary toilets will be hired in to suit each events requirement.
The site will seeded with open meadow grassland species to retain a natural visual appearance.
Additional planting of native deciduous trees is included in the application for screening.
Due to the temporary nature of the marquee it is expected to be used between the months of April and October.
The development is estimated to generate 15 new part time jobs.

We do have a plan of the development and we have requested permission to publish.

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #307

Is this the development that all the fuss with the EDL is over?

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #330

• admin
  • Administrator
yes, there has been comments around the village that the English Defence League has started a petition claiming the site is to become a mosque, I haven't seen the petition so cannot comment on this.

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #338

ok thanks..... any idea where they get this info from as i just cant see it on anything posted here or on the planning website?

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 6 months ago #367

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
A statement from the Parish Council has been made public today.

www.bartonleclay.co.uk/images/planning-a...he_grove_11_5_11.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kymmy

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 5 months ago #379

It seams the parish council have put the boot in on this one... stupid really as I would have thought anything that brings work to the village (and people spending money there) would be a good thing with the economy being so low.

Is it me or that section about sufficient businesses in the are already supplying these services as being a little condensing.... when did it become the parish councils job to decide where people got married, thats got sfa to do with them. Smacks of bias yet again!

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 5 months ago #394

• Chunky
  • Expert Boarder
Interesting to read about this, personally I cant see what the issue is.

Re: Development at the Grove. 6 years, 2 months ago #455

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Just to really update this thread.

Central Bedfordshire Council have APPROVED this application 06/07/2011, the approval was granted with a lengthy list of conditions (covering pre construction, construction, use, maintenance and local impact).

Something I would like to add is this statement by the the Grove's management.... "The Grove Restaurant and Family Bar would like to strongly dispel any rumours circulating regarding the proposals for a mosque at our site..... contrary to a circulating petition, at no time has it been, nor will it be in the future, our intention to hold any form of Islamic religious ceremonies and will not become a mosque...." adding "formally we request that the council consider attaching the following condition to any decision.... Under no circumstances will the site be used as a mosque, religious centre or other such similar activity, and that the premises must continue to trade as a restaurant and bar with an attached marquee for events such as weddings and corporate events."

Its refreshing to see that the management at the Grove have taken the initiative to move this along, making a clear statement of their plans.

Personally I have no issues with the decision to approve, I feel the extra public amenities, jobs and regeneration of a site that was quite simply a tip is a good thing for our area... I wish the Grove and its management well.

As a last line I would like to throw open a question for debate though! After reading the Parish Councils statement as to their position I have to ask when, if ever has it been the duty of a parish council to determine the number of any such business in an area dependent on numbers alone, when was it the parish councils duty to decide where people choose to marry?
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Jenna.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
You are here: Village discussion forum