Welcome, Guest

Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library

Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 5 years, 3 months ago #687

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Over the last week I have also had confirmation that the History Group has been given the green light to work with Barton Library to establish a monthly 'Drop In' session at the village library on a Saturday morning from 10.30 to midday. Over the next few days I will arrange a calendar for these events with the staff at the library and make that public.... please make use of this facility as much as possible.

This information will go out via email to all those that attended the meeting and supplied an email, it will also be on the village notice boards soon and it will be in the Outlook that is due out on the 22nd of June (the eagle eyed may have also spotted it in the website calendar too!).

I will be holding a 'Drop in' morning at Barton Library on the 30th June 2012, it will run from 10.30 to midday.

If you have old photos, documents, postcards etc that you would like to show then please come along, its free and will help establish a community archive.

Re: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 5 years, 2 months ago #741

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry for slow update on this, thank you to everyone that 'dropped in' at the first BDHG drop in at the village library... It seems that this is well received and so the drop ins will be a regular event over the rest of the summer.

The dates for the Barton & District History Group 'Drop In' Sessions at Barton Library for next 3 months are:

SATURDAY 28TH JULY 2012, 10.30AM - Midday
SATURDAY 25TH AUGUST 2012, 10.30AM - Midday
SATURDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2012, 10.30AM - Midday

These are free to attend and the topic of conversation is open to any history related subject you wish to discuss.

Re: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 5 years, 1 month ago #775

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Just a quick note, our 25th August 'drop in' meeting at the library will have the unique opportunity of being treated to a view of a selection of photographs from the hugely interesting Burr family photo archive. The Burr family has been a staple part of the villages history for many generations and this special treat will, I am sure fascinate everyone.

I mush give a great thank you to the Burr family for making this kind offer, it is greatly appreciated.

Re: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 4 years, 11 months ago #822

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
With the weather starting to turn I have the last dates for our Barton Library 'Drop in' events in 2012.

Saturday 27th October 10.30AM - Midday
Saturday 24th November 10.30AM - Midday

As the next date will fall over the Christmas holidays and new year we will be taking a break until Saturday 23rd February 2013, however there may be other events over this period so please keep an eye on the notice boards and our forum section.
Last Edit: 4 years, 11 months ago by Jenna.

Re: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 4 years, 10 months ago #930

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Just a quick reminder to everyone that has been along to any of the history group 'drop in' events over the last 6 months that tomorrows will be our last for 2012.

Please come along if you can we will be looking at what projects the group will look at in 2013, how the group it's self can move forward and some exciting events we plan to hold in 2013. Your input is vital in making all theses subjects a real success in 2013.

Re: Saturday morning 'Drop in' events at the Library 4 years, 8 months ago #960

• Jenna
  • Platinum Boarder
Quick note to remind everyone that the first history group drop in for 2013 is on Saturday 26th January, usual time and place.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
You are here: Village discussion forum